- He is a bastard: William was born to Norman Duke Robert I and his mistress Herleva.
- He became a duke at the age of eight: William succeeded his father after his sudden death during a Christian pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
- His grandfather works with the dead: The maternal grandfather of our new king makes a living by preparing the deceased for burial. Unconfirmed reports claim the king will give his grandfather a role within his court.
- He is married to Matilda of Flanders: William married Matilda in 1051. Legends say William threw Matilda to the ground by her hair after she rejected his first proposal.
- He LOVES money: According to William of Malmesbury, the king will do “almost anything” for money. Does this mean he will bring more wealth to England?